Apple unveils its newest iPhone line up tomorrow at 10:00 PT.
By many measures the iPhone 6s is the best-selling smartphone in the world. So, how could they improve on it?
Well, their phones could be even thinner and lighter. And of course higher performance.
Our sources in the heart of Shenzhen and elsewhere tell us what you can look for. In decreasing probability:
- Apple Lightning connector / Bluetooth replacing the earbud jack for thinner design.
- Cooler colors.
- Increased water resistance.
- New dual-camera system.
- Higher-capacity storage.
- Better optical image stabilization, including for smaller models.
- Fingerprint reader.
- Wireless charging.
- 3D Touch or Force Touch home button, or even no home button at all.
- Edge-to-edge organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen.
- Iris scanner.
Mmmm, we’d love to see that OLED screen, whether watching a movie or using VR to pilot a drone.
Headphone jack OTOH, meh, no great loss: that technology’s been around since the beginning of landline telephones, longer even than museum pieces like folding maps and floppy disks.
Whatever Cupertino dishes up tomorrow, we’ll be there for you with accessories to make Apple’s latest phones even more fun and useful than they promise to be.
And those of you wanting to just hang on to what you’ve got, we’ve got you covered with a stylish array of MOTA mobile accessories. They’ll help keep your devices protected, juiced up, and raring to go.